Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Aerospace Electro-mechanical Technician II Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Technician Supervisor, the Electro-mechanical Technician will perform mechanical assembly and testing on hardware for space applications. This role involves a variety of hands-on tasks including assembly and testing, cleaning parts, assisting in writing work instructions, assisting engineering with troubleshooting, and participating in quality control.
- Performs mechanical assembly and test on hardware, cleaning parts and assist with writing work instructions.
- Follows standard operating procedures including understanding of an Engineering drawing
- Participates in quality control for both prototype and spaceflight hardware.
- All work performed should be in accordance with Company design specifications, quality standards, and engineering direction.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing assembly integration and test environment (AI+T) preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- 2-year Degree or Technical School Graduate preferred.
- Strong mechanical assembly experience.
- Skilled working with hands and mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of various epoxies and film adhesives.
- Ability to work in regulated environment under document control.
- Ability to read, understand and work effectively with mechanical drawings and documentation including Bills of Materials, assembly drawings and travelers.
- Ability to maintain documentation in a timely manner to accurately capture the status of work in progress.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-sufficient and detail-oriented manner, in a high paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to carefully follow written standard operating procedures.
- Very comfortable with basic arithmetic skills, such as unit conversions.
- Proficiency in standard mechanical manufacturing practices, including torqueing, staking, harnessing, reading drawings & work instructions.
- Experience with test equipment such as load cells, multi-meters, power supplies, and Source Meters.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, several times per day.
- Ability to stand, kneel, stoop, squat; in addition to use arms, hands, and fingers to inspect objects, tools, and controls with dexterity.
- Current or the ability to obtain J-STD-001 Solder Certification with the Space Addendum a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D printing, Solidworks, and composites a plus but not required.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.